Sponsorship needed for London Marathon - running for Make-A-Wish Foundation

Sponsor me on Virgin Money Giving

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Introduction


Last Monday I decided to enter the Capital Radio/BUPA 10k run to be held in Hyde Park on 11th June. You can sponsor me at http://www.capital10k.co.uk/RunnerPage.aspx?BCID=1025425. I've just started training and it's a lot more interesting/exciting/rewarding than I thought it would be. I was hoping some friends would train and then do the run with me. Don't think that's going to happen but Niccy (my sister) is going to join me on the day. Now go back to that link, sponsor me and then read on.

Reasons for doing the run:

Thought it would be a laugh
Manageable distance (approx. 6 miles)
Raise money for charity
Get fit and therefore provide good example to kids (4 1/2 and 2 1/2)

Reasons for doing the blog:

Thought it would be interesting for both myself and others to do an online progress report. I could be wrong - let's see.
Possibly give an incentive for others like me (5th decade, unfit, little or no regular exercise) to do something similar when they see how interesting/exciting/rewarding it is.
Always wanted to do something like this again since my journals from Europe/India in 1998 which can be found on http://www.rgalea.com/travel/main.html (bear in mind these were written before I met someone with an inate loathing of exclamation marks)

So that's all so far - keep popping back and I'll try and update things every couple of days.

Have I mentioned http://www.capital10k.co.uk/RunnerPage.aspx?BCID=1025425 ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fis bloke is well sexy yeah. How can I meet tfis adan , adoin , adon...err..hunk ?

Anonymous said...

change the photo! you look like you've got one arm!!