Sponsorship needed for London Marathon - running for Make-A-Wish Foundation

Sponsor me on Virgin Money Giving

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Running in the rain ...

... is, bizarrely, a revelation. Strange that someone who has run over 120 miles this year has only just experienced running in the rain. Especially in London. Apart from puddle dodging it was both refreshing and cool.

Anyhow, enough wittering.

Not nearly as scared of doing this 8.2 mile run as I was 3 weeks ago. This is mainly due to stepping up my training recently. As well as doing 3.3 mile runs twice a week with a gang from work I did a 4.75 mile run about 10 days ago, a 6 mile run last weekend and have planned, with the help of Gmaps, a 7 mile run on Friday. A light run at the beginning of next week (probably 3 miles) and I'll be 'as ready as I'll ever be'

Plans for the future include a 10k in December just to keep my hand(!) in and I'm looking for a 10 mile run in Jan or Feb next year as my next goal is going to be the Reading half marathon which comes highly recommended by almost everyone who knows about/has experienced it. I will be hassling for sponsorship for this but not until next year as promised earlier. Probably going to raise money for Clic Sargent (Cancer and Leukemia in Children) - unless anyone has any better ideas.

Not too much else to report, listening to Lily Allen in the car, Ricky Gervais et al. on the Ipod-a-like and have discovered a new running website which has all the usual forums and lots of exciting statistical analysis. It's at www.fetcheveryone.com. All three of these are, in my humble opinion, quite brilliant. Perhaps I'm just easily pleased.

Next post will be after the Kingston run - 8.2MILES, THE FURTHEST SO FAR - so wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

F***! this is getting serious! Good luck - well done and wild applause.

John said...

Many thanks.

Who are you?

Sue said...

Hey John

Went on to Fetch website and managed easily to spend far too much time there when I should be blogging!!!

Good luck for the Kingston 8.2.

Sue

John said...

Fetch is excellent - very easily done

Thanks for good luck wishes

John